Postfix & vacation notice

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Fri Dec 8 09:03:34 UTC 2017

On Friday 08 December 2017 at 09:08:30, Garry Glendown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on an installation with Postfix as MTA I have Mailscanner running, so
> far without any problems. As MS is being used to add signatures to
> outgoing mails, we noticed that on vacation notices no signatures were
> attached - which is caused by the fact that Postfix automatically
> generates the notice and sends it without going through the "regular"
> queueing of the message ... is there any way of fixing this?

Get the "other" instance of Postfix (ie: the one putting the mails into the
queue directory for MailScanner to process) to generate the messages, instead
of the one doing the delivery?

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.