MailScanner Ignoring All Emails

Quintin S. Giesbrecht q at snj.ca
Fri Aug 25 16:03:45 UTC 2017

Here are the scripts from /etc/systemd/system.... that systemctl enable ms-sendmail created - hopefully that makes sense...:

[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]# cat ms-sendmail.service
[Unit]
Description=Sendmail Mail Transport Client for MailScanner
After=syslog.target network.target
Conflicts=postfix.service exim.service sendmail.service sm-client.service
Wants=ms-sendmail-in.service ms-sendmail-out.service
BindsTo=ms-sendmail-in.service ms-sendmail-out.service

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/run/sm-client.pid
Environment=SENDMAIL_OPTS=-q1h
ExecStartPre=/bin/touch /run/sm-client.pid
ExecStartPre=/bin/chown smmsp:smmsp /run/sm-client.pid
ExecStartPre=-/sbin/restorecon /run/sm-client.pid
ExecStartPre=-/etc/mail/make
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac $SENDMAIL_OPTS

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Also=ms-sendmail-in.service ms-sendmail-out.service
[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]#
[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]#
[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]# cat ms-sendmail-in.service
[Unit]
Description=Sendmail Mail Transport Inbound Agent for MailScanner
After=syslog.target network.target
Conflicts=postfix.service exim.service sendmail.service sm-client.service
Wants=ms-sendmail.service ms-sendmail-out.service
BindsTo=ms-sendmail.service ms-sendmail-out.service

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/run/sendmail.in.pid
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in -OPidFile=/run/sendmail.in.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Also=ms-sendmail.service ms-sendmail-out.service
[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]#
[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]#
[root at mailscanner multi-user.target.wants]# cat ms-sendmail-out.service
[Unit]
Description=Sendmail Mail Transport Outbound Agent for MailScanner
After=syslog.target network.target
Conflicts=postfix.service exim.service sendmail.service sm-client.service
Wants=ms-sendmail.service ms-sendmail-in.service
BindsTo=ms-sendmail.service ms-sendmail-in.service

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/run/sendmail.out.pid
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sendmail -q15m -OPidFile=/run/sendmail.out.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Also=ms-sendmail.service ms-sendmail-in.service