MailScanner Ignoring All Emails

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Fri Aug 25 13:22:41 UTC 2017

On Friday 25 August 2017 at 15:16:48, Quintin S. Giesbrecht wrote:

> I did that, from the instructions at the end of the MS install…also
> confirmed that the directories have the correct permissions.  Mail is
> flowing, so I assume that the queue folders are correct, MS is just not
> jumping in…and it is running ☺

That doesn't sound like a good assumption to me (about the queue folders being
correct).

If your listener process is putting received mail into the folder being
monitored by the queue runner process, for example, MailScanner will be
sitting waiting for emails to appear in another folder altogether, and mail
will simply be delivered by the queue runner as soon as it's received.

> [root at mailscanner MailWatch-1.2.5]# ps -ef|grep sendmail
> root     17992     1  0 08:08 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: Queue
> runner at 00:15:00 for /var/spool/mqueue

> root     17994     1  0 08:08 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: accepting
> connections

> smmsp    18007     1  0 08:08 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: Queue
> runner at 01:00:00 for /var/spool/clientmqueue

1. I'm not sure I understand why you have two queue runner processes going,
with different timings and monitoring different directories.

2. Which directory is the middle process (PID 17994) delivering into?

Antony.

--
All generalisations are inaccurate.

                                                   Please reply to the list;