By Domain Settings

Danita Zanre danita at caledonia.net
Wed Aug 2 18:00:34 UTC 2017

Thanks - working now.  I will have to admit that without your explicit instructions, I doubt I ever would have figured this out.  Indeed it is “documented”, but not in a way that made my brain click.  Whoever is in charge of the examples, this would be a good example to add, because the other examples didn’t turn on the lightbulb.  However, now that I see what needs to be done for “my example” it all makes perfect sense.  I used to offer this type of granular “mark and deliver” to domains and users pre-Mailscanner, but had quietly pretended it didn’t exist any longer, because I just couldn’t figure it out :-) - now I can get back to micromanaging.  Hmmm - maybe it would have been best to not have understood rulesets!

Thanks again for your assistance.

Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
Tel: (720) 319-7530 - Caledonia.Net LLC
Tel: (720) 319-8240 - Move Out of the Office

On August 1, 2017 at 9:40:09 PM, Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net) wrote:

On 08/01/2017 02:16 PM, Danita Zanre wrote:

> I obviously just don’t quite get what this file is supposed to look like.
>

> What I really want is for any mail to this domain the items are marked
> as required, but then delivered and stored. Non-Spam and Spam are
> already set to deliver, but High Scoring Spam is not. I only want this
> one domain to have their High Scoring spam marked and sent to them.

Read the documentation about rulesets at /etc/MailScanner/rules/README
and /etc/MailScanner/rules/EXAMPLES. There is also documentation in
Chapter 5 of the manual at
<https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv5/docs/ms-admin-guide.pdf>

What you want in your MailScanner configuration, e.g., in conf.d, is a
file which contains a line like

High Scoring Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/some.name.rules

some.name is anything you want, e.g., high.spam.action.rules, but the
last part of the name is .rules. Then you create that file in the rules
directory (normally /etc/MailScanner/rules) and it contains

To	*@mydomain.com	store,deliver
FromOrTo	default	store

dangerous content by Iris MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.