How to add recipient in stored.virus.message.txt (and related) report?

Tom tom at izb.net
Tue Sep 20 16:21:25 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 03:44:40PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> But these reports are in the message delivered to the recipient.
> Presumably the recipient already knows who she is, so why do you want to
> pot a To: line in the report?

It's needed for a robot: the user receives the mail with the message about
some blocked content and forwards this to a ticket system. A robot then takes
such a ticket and scans the blocked attachments against some different virus
scanners and - if clean - delivers the attachment. We need the recipient[s]
for this robot.

> I haven't specifically looked for the code, but it would be in
> MailScanner's Message.pm module. If you want to work on this, it would
> be helpful if you filed an issue at
> <https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues> and an eventual PR if you
> develop a fix.

I filed a report: https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues/18 and I included
a small patch to demonstrate the requirement.

Thanks,
Tom