How to add recipient in stored.virus.message.txt (and related) report?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 15 22:44:40 UTC 2016

On 09/13/2016 01:53 AM, Tom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to include the recipient email address in stored.*.message.txt reports,
> but Mailscanner removes the line if I try. So, if I have this template:
>
>    [..]
>    Bitte halten Sie diese Meldung bereit:
>
>    Kunde: blah
>    Timestamp: $datenumber
>    QueueID: $id
>    Email: $to
>
>    Information Helpdesk: eroeffnen  Sie ein Ticket und  leiten Sie dieses
>    [..]
>
> Then the user receives something like this:
>
>    [..]
>    Bitte halten Sie diese Meldung bereit:
>
>    Kunde: blah
>    Timestamp: 20160913
>    QueueID: ABABABABAB
>
>    Information Helpdesk: eroeffnen  Sie ein Ticket und  leiten Sie dieses
>    [..]
>
> The line containing "Email: $to" have been removed.

But these reports are in the message delivered to the recipient.
Presumably the recipient already knows who she is, so why do you want to
pot a To: line in the report?

> Is this possible?
>
> And - if it is currently not possible, could someone please point me to
> the correct place in the code so that I can patch it myself?

There are a couple of things going on here. Apparently if a line in the
report template contains an unknown $string replacement, the entire line
is removed. I think this is a bug. I think the correct behavior is to
leave the line unchanged.

The other thing is apparently $to is 'unknown' for the
stored.*.message.txt templates even though it is clearly known for at
least some other reports.

I haven't specifically looked for the code, but it would be in
MailScanner's Message.pm module. If you want to work on this, it would
be helpful if you filed an issue at
<https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues> and an eventual PR if you
develop a fix.