MailScanner 5.0.3 does not start MTA

Wolfgang Baudler wbaudler at gb.nrao.edu
Sat Sep 10 20:46:46 UTC 2016

> OK,
>
> I would expect that if you would run a update from 4.8x to 5.0.x the
> installer would give an warning about this changed behavior.

Yes, that would be nice.

And ideally it would provide a modified sendmail startup-script needed for
sendmail in a contrib directory or similar (I have sent one for RHEL6 to
this list in an earlier post).

> Anyway: After starting postfix manually MailScanner runs beautifully :))

For sendmail it is not that easy unfortunately, since you need two
instances running that need to be started up in a certain way, which
distro sendmail scripts can't handle. The pre-5.0.x mailscanner scripts
took care of it, but they are missing in 5.0.x.

Wolfgang