Upgrade Wrecks MailScanner

Thom van der Boon thom at vdb.nl
Tue Oct 11 18:25:01 UTC 2016

Paul,

Linux mail.edenhosting.net 2.6.18-412. el5 #1 SMP Mon Sep 5 22:22:21 UTC 2016 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

This is CentOS 5.x. Support for CentOS 5.x will end March 2017. Moving to a newer CentOS is advisable. https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/

If I were you, I would do a clean install with Centos 6 with MailScanner with postfix. Moving to CentOS 7 is a big leap from CentOS 5. !!!!

-----

Looking at the output of MailScanner --lint you have multiple problems:

Most important is:

Checking version numbers...

Version installed (5.0.3) does not match version stated in

MailScanner.conf file (4.84.5), you may want to run ms-upgrade-conf

to ensure your MailScanner.conf file contains all the latest settings.

You are running a old config file, with a newer MailScanner. You need to update it using the ms-upgrade-conf command.

And keep solving problems until MailScanner --lint does not give any error messages

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Thom van der Boon
E-Mail: thom at vdb.nl

=====