v5.0.4-3

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 11 04:46:28 UTC 2016

On 11/10/2016 07:35 PM, Thom van der Boon wrote:

> a) MailScanner.conf is not updated but overwritten
> I noted that as I installed the 5.0.3 version, the previous
> MailScanner.conf placed by the 5.0.4 even gets updated

As noted in my prior reply, files are backed up in ms_upgrade/ in your
home directory. There should be a
ms_upgrade/saved.pppp/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.original with
your original MailScanner.conf.

> b) After update from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 I get error of Clamd

> Nov 11 04:20:16 BBCK003 MailScanner[30219]: Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD
> RETURN ./lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR ::
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/30219

What is ownership and permissions on /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming?

What do you get from

ms-peek incomingworkpermissions /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

and

ms-peek incomingworkgroup /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

and

groups clamav        (or whatever the clamd user is)