Too Many Attachements OR Virus Found?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Nov 5 06:25:09 UTC 2016

On 11/04/2016 03:19 AM, Paul Scott wrote:
> Thank you Mark.  The virus scanner is ClamD.

I don't think Clamd has a setting for maximum attachments in a message.

Anyway, I did some testing, and it seems the mention of virus scanner in
the message (from my test)

At Fri Nov  4 23:16:20 2016 the virus scanner said:
   MailScanner: Too many attachments in message

is a red herring. It is MailScanner itself complaining about too many
attachments. This is controlled by the MailScanner

Maximum Attachments Per Message

setting (default 200).