Spam with "clean" header

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 26 20:07:24 UTC 2016

On 05/26/2016 11:41 AM, Gao wrote:

> I am doing a test: I want have all emails delivered to user's maildir,
> even it is a high score spam. I'll try deliver spam to a pre-exist
> sub-folder "Junk" in the users INBOX.
>
> So I changed MailScanner.conf:
> #High Scoring Spam Actions = store
> High Scoring Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"
>
> Then I send a test spam email. It does delivered to user maildir. But
> when I check the header, I noticed there are a line:

This is the default "Clean Header Value".

> Also append to the email with:
> believed to be clean.

And this is the default "Sign Clean Messages" signature. Both of these
refer only to viruses, bad filenames, etc. They don't say anything about
spam.

Was the message given a "high spam" score and was your

header added? If so, this is all as expected for a high scoring spam
that contains no virus or other 'dangerous content'.