SpamAssassin classifies MailScanner reports like SPAM

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 25 22:06:34 UTC 2016

On 03/25/2016 12:55 AM, Valentin Laskov wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> This email is sent out off the list. Report is attached.

Copying my reply back to the list.

I am hampered by my inability to read Bulgarian, but here's what I see.

The entire message is a spam report about a message. The spam report has
two parts. The first is the added spam report which is properly declared
as charset="UTF-8" The second part is the message which is the subject
of the spam report. That message in turn appears to be another
MailScanner report about an attached JScript Script and I agree that it
has multiple defects such as an unencoded Subject: header and no

I think this is the case because the original message probably had these
same defects and MailScanner just replaced the payload of the original
message. with its report.

This does seem to be a MailScanner bug. I'll try to investigate further.
Thanks for the report.