IPv6 and spam.whitelist.rules

Paul Overton paul at trusted-management.com
Mon Mar 14 16:56:11 UTC 2016

Just gone back over a few months of operation, the CIDR blocks in spam.whitelist.rules did work fine until I added IPv6 into the equation.

The error I was getting appeared to be the attempt to compare the addresses in the whitelist with the servers own address. (Line 533 of Config.pm) where Net::CIDR ended up comparing an IPv4 block with a single IPv6 address. Naturally it did not work.

I have changed the format of my whitelist file to use the format you indicated below and all is well. However the format is very limiting in terms of managing white lists.

Thanks anyway.

Paul