Trouble configuring MailScanner with exim4

Moorthy, Devakumar consult.dmoorthy at apa.org
Tue Mar 8 15:45:32 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure e-mail server with Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS as the OS and Exim version 4.82. We wanted to strip signature attached (*.png or *.jpeg) while sending emails. I went through the procedure as in https://www.mailscanner.info/exim/. After customizing exim4 to run as two separate demons, I was unable to start the exim4 services. The error I found in exim4 logs are as follows.

"exim user lost privilege for using -C option"

Please assist me in troubleshooting the error and running exim4 successfully. Herewith attached exim

Devakumar Moorthy, RHCE | Network System Engineer
Information Technology Services
American Psychological Association<http://www.apa.org/>

  [cid:image020.jpg at 01CFBE0F.4C15AEB0]    [TWP_Washington_Portrait_2014_AW]