MailScanner cloud image, best practice?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at barendse.to
Tue Jan 19 09:20:58 UTC 2016

Hi list

I would like to build an image of CentOS 7 and MailScanner for quick and
rapid deployment in a cloud environment, 3 cloud instances will be
checking mail.

As basis i am thinking to take CentOS 7 Generic cloud image but the
storage space in the issue is fairly limited, like 8Gb disk size.

How to deal with storage space? I have to keep archive copies of all
email going in and out, should i do an NFS mount for
/var/spool/MailScanner/archive
and
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

But if the NFS mount would fail at boot time, the small storage space of
the cloud image will fill up instantly.

Are there any other caveats?

Thanks for any tips / hints!
Remco