[mailscanner] Re: filetype permisson on per user base

Ralf Cirksena ci at holmco.de
Wed Feb 17 07:04:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 04:57:03PM +0100 you wrote:

> So, I hope someone else can provide an idea, because I don't see anything
> wrong with your ruleset (except for the comments, where you have both:
>
> deny    ELF             No executables          No programs allowed
> allow   ELF             No executables          No programs allowed

These are in different rule files. One for domain1 (deny), one for
domain2 (allow). That is what I am trying to get working.

Domain1 should not be able to get mails with ELF files atached,
domain2 should be able to receive such files.

For "everyone" (default) ELF attachments should be blocked.

> which, although MailScanner itself won't care, looks a bit odd and may be
> puzzling for future maintenance...)

It's only an example. In real life there are quite different file
types between different groups of From: and To:.

Thank you for your help.

Greetings
--
R. Cirksena