[mailscanner] Re: filetype permisson on per user base

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Tue Feb 16 15:57:03 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 16 February 2016 at 16:40:58, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 February 2016 at 16:07:37, Ralf Cirksena wrote:
> > /etc/Mailscanner/filetype.rules:
> > From:		*@domain1.tld	%rules-dir%/filetype.rules.domain1.conf
> > FromOrTo:	*@domain2.tld	%rules-dir%/filetype.rules.domain2.conf
>
> Remove the * so that you just have "@domain1.tld"

Actually, no, that may not make a difference - I was thinking that this regexp
parser interpeted * as being "zero or more of the previous symbol", but
according to the manual it's just the "anything of any length" wildcard.

So, I hope someone else can provide an idea, because I don't see anything
wrong with your ruleset (except for the comments, where you have both:

deny    ELF             No executables          No programs allowed
allow   ELF             No executables          No programs allowed

which, although MailScanner itself won't care, looks a bit odd and may be
puzzling for future maintenance...)

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.