Virus Parser

Scott B. Anderson sbanderson at impromed.com
Mon Feb 8 19:39:24 UTC 2016

How do you handle the new Office 97-05 trojan documents without macros that still contain Trojans that abuse the rtf 'engine' in office 2010/13/16 to root workstations without the .doc or .xls actually containing a macro?  I had to outright block all of them both within Outlook using group policies and MailScanner using filename rules.  (while still allowing docx and xlsx without macros)

Scott