Virus Parser

Peter Lemieux mailscanner at replies.cyways.com
Mon Feb 8 19:32:32 UTC 2016

We use ClamAV to handle those files with macros.  If you install a version of
ClamAV alongside f-prot that provides the clamd server and configure
MailScanner accordingly, you can change the directive in /etc/clamd.conf to read

ScanOLE2 yes
OLE2BlockMacros yes

then files with macros will be treated as malware.  The macros will not be
stripped though.  The message will be quarantined by MailScanner like any
other piece of malware.  In the organization I consult to, ordinary users have
no need of files with macros, so blocking them all is the easiest solution.
The recipient will get a notice that the message was quarantined, so you can
pull the occasional legitimate file from there.

Peter