maillog vs Mailwatch log

Walt Thiessen wt at dld2000.com
Tue Dec 13 23:18:49 UTC 2016

With v4, I remember that MailScanner logged to /var/log/maillog.

However, after my server admins moved me to a different server this past
September and upgraded to v5, it seems that /var/log/maillog isn't where
MailScanner logs anymore ... at least on our server.

My server admins claim that this is because MailScanner now logs to
MailWatch instead.

I always remembered MailWatch as an application that maintained its own
database, separate from MailScanner. Maybe I'm wrong.

Is this truly the new configuration, or is this a reflection of
something wrong my server admins did?

Walt