Moving from sendmail to postfix

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Fri Dec 2 17:44:50 UTC 2016

Copy the content of sendmail's mailertable to the postfix transport file.  In /etc/postfix/transport I changed esmtp to just smtp.  I.e.
  juneau.org              esmtp:[199.58.55.96]
became
  juneau.org              smtp:[191.168.55.96]

That took care of the forwarding part.  I'm not using the virtualusertable at all.
To replace access I created two files: client_access and sender_access.  They're in .db format.  In main.cf put
  check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
  check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_access
under the smtpd_recipient_restrictions = ...

check_client_access blocks or whitelists by client IP, Client IP Range or Hostname
check_sender_access blocks or whitelists by sender e-mail address (In the envelope FROM field)

Hope I have all that right.  At any rate, it's working for me.

HTH...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.