Denial of Service attack Messages Constantly

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 18 22:43:36 UTC 2016

On 08/18/2016 08:49 AM, Aaron Pursell wrote:

> The problem is, my users and I keep getting messages like this:
>
> "
>> MailScanner was attacked by a Denial Of Service attack, and has
>> therefore deleted this part of the message. Please contact your e-mail
>> providers for more information if you need it, giving them the whole
>> of this report. Attack in:
>> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/12835/78C9F481B0DA.ACDF4/nmsg-12835-2.html"
>>

> The path doesn't exist when you look and the message never gets
> delivered. What can I turn off or adjust to make sure this doesn't happen?

What's in the Mail log associated with this?

There's a long thread on this with Subject: Denial Of Service Attack
Messages in the archives of this list at
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2016-May/thread.html>
and
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2016-June/thread.html>
which may be helpful.