Denial of Service attack Messages Constantly

Aaron Pursell apursell at phre.net
Thu Aug 18 15:49:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm sure I missed something....Usually the case, but I moved to CentOS7
with MailScanner:

Running on
Linux redacted 3.10.0-327.22.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 23 17:05:11 UTC
2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
This is CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
This is Perl version 5.016003 (5.16.3)

This is MailScanner version 5.0.2

The problem is, my users and I keep getting messages like this:

"

> MailScanner was attacked by a Denial Of Service attack, and has therefore deleted this part of the message. Please contact your e-mail providers for more information if you need it, giving them the whole of this report. Attack in: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/12835/78C9F481B0DA.ACDF4/nmsg-12835-2.html"

The path doesn't exist when you look and the message never gets
delivered. What can I turn off or adjust to make sure this doesn't
happen?

--

Regards,

Aaron