Google sites still in phishing.bad.sites.conf?

Paul Sand pas at unh.edu
Thu Oct 29 14:48:09 UTC 2015

Hi --

I'm seeing the following 'google.com' sites in a freshly-updated
phishing.bad.sites.conf:

    79.docs.google.com
    www.google.com
    docs.google.com
    drive.google.com
    sites.google.com

I posted on this last month, and I think the upshot was that these sites
shouldn't be in there.

The phishing.safe.sites.conf file contains (redundantly?):

    www.google.com
    docs.google.com
    *.google.com

But apparently "bad" overrules "safe": I'm still seeing "Found definite
phishing fraud" messages on innocuous links in incoming mail.

Adding lines to phishing.safe.sites.custom is also (apparently) not
saving the day.

This is seriously irking a few folks here.

--
-- Paul A Sand <pas at unh.edu>
-- Information Technology / University of New Hampshire