Mailscanner Status = Stopped

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 05:18:32 UTC 2015

So...  cPanel and whm? This isn't really a MailScanner issue, but rather a
monitoring/managament tool issue... The tool you are using isn't aware of
the respawning nature of MailScanner, so it naively saves a pid and
monitors for that... After a while (4 hours by default) that process will
respawn, meankng it'll die and start a brand new one.
So moral of the storage is "get smarter monitoring".

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn