v4.85.2-0 Beta (Red Hat, SuSE, Tarball)

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Sun Mar 8 23:57:18 GMT 2015

Peter,

This is because the packagers of ClamAV can’t be consistent between distro versions (5,6,7). In one the executable is one place, then in another. They also like to change the user and group names. Example: clam, clamav, vscan. They also like to do stupid crap like disable freshclam until you edit freshclam.conf and remove the “Example” line, but only in version 7. Versions 5 and 6 don’t do this.

If you could, please create an issue for this on Github. I can modify the installer to check for freshclam in one place and then modify the updater if it is in another place. I could also just update the updater to find it via the user’s environment. meh …

-
Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com