v4.85.2-0 Beta (Red Hat, SuSE, Tarball)

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Sun Mar 8 23:51:06 GMT 2015

No, that is not what this thread is about. You will need to rewind through the email traffic at Gmane if you want more detail.

Here is how the installer works:

Clam is installed via yum on all versions (5,6,7) if you elect to use EPEL and elect to install ClamAV.

For Perl Modules:

- Tries to install via RPM packages by name. Example: "yum install perl-Filesys-Df"
- It then checks to see if the module is installed. If missing, it attempts to install like this: "yum install perl(Filesys::Df)”. This basically leverages the “what provides” feature in yum to install something if you don’t know the package name or typed it incorrectly.
- Finally it will install via CPAN if still missing. (If you elect to use CPAN when asked.)

On some versions there are some packages missing. I built the RPMs from source. Example: tnef

However, the installer still tries to install tnef via yum first because some of the distros have it available in EPEL. It then checks for it and if it is missing it then pulls the RPM I built.

-
Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com