Different SA scan results

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:25:30 GMT 2015

Actually.... The spa.-assassin.prefs.conf should already be "included"
in all SA calls via the /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf symbolic
link, so you should not need to include it in any other way (I think
the "-p" option is more or less wrong anyway, since it is a cf file,
not really a prefs file).
So check that symlink...

Usually differences between scans as done by MailScanner and done from
the cli fall into two (well, three, counting the possible omission of
the mailscanner.cf symlink categories):
- Time has passed between invocation one and invocation two, meaning
that things like digest tests and BLs will fire differently (as
mentioned previously)
- Different users "get" different result: If you have a run as user =
postfix, for example, you might get a different Bayes (file) database
etc. Also, if you normally run MS as a non-privileged user, you might
actually have a problem reaching all the SA config your root user
would.

If the latter case is true, simply run your cli invocation logged on
as postfix ("su - postfix -s /bin/bash" or somesuch, then do the
spamassasin thing, lint or whatever).

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn