MailScanner prevents bayes mysql autolearn

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 11 00:08:23 UTC 2015

On 06/10/2015 02:20 PM, ADMX - Antal Delahaije wrote:

> I think MailScanner is somehow preventing spamassassin to autolearn via
> MySQL. Is this possible what I am doing via MailScanner? Maybe some
> misconfiguration?
>

> Or does anybody know the solution to get autolearn working the
> conventional way?

I use these settings in spam.assassin.prefs.conf

bayes_path /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0770
bayes_store_module Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SDBM

I also have g+s on the /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/ directory.

That works for me and it worked for me before I added

bayes_store_module Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SDBM

to use SDBM.

The g+s on the directory is to maintain the group on the subordinate
files when they are occasionally changed by some 'root' process.