CentOS6 - Postfix_MailScanner - Messages remaining until postfix restart

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 6 17:24:56 UTC 2015

On 06/06/2015 09:53 AM, Dobril Dobrilov wrote:

> All messages stucks in /var/spool/postfix/incoming

> # ls -l /var/spool/postfix/incoming/
>
> total 68
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:39 0
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:21 1
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:52 2
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:38 3
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:56 4
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:18 5
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:14 6
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:38 7
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:01 8
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:52 9
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:38 A
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:57 B
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 19:02 C
>
> -rwx------. 1 postfix postfix  946 Jun  6 19:39 C096D42C55
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:56 D
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:56 E
>
> drwx------. 2 postfix postfix 4096 Jun  6 18:56 F
> main.cf
> hash_queue_names = deferred, defer active bounce flush incoming

This is curious. You are hashing the 'incoming' queue but Mailscanner is
queueing the message in /var/spool/postfix/incoming/C096D42C55 instead
of /var/spool/postfix/incoming/C/C096D42C55.

I don't know if this is the problem or not, but hashing 'incoming' is
thought to be unnecessary, see
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#hash_queue_names>.

I suggest removing 'incoming' from hash_queue_names or maybe removing
hash_queue_names entirely and going with the default and reloading Postfix.

If this fixes the problem, it's probably actually a MailScanner bug.