v4.85.1.0 Beta for Linux RPM Available

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Wed Feb 18 18:06:57 GMT 2015

So I'm confused.  Pretty much my normal state <g>.

Is the clamavmodule loaded at MS startup, or merely installed on the drive?  If the latter, then there's no performance hit unless you're down to your last few hundred bytes of free space, in which case you probably have imminent bigger issues.

In my MailScanner.conf is the line:
  Virus Scanners = f-secure clamd

I get hits with both scanners, so apparently clamd is working as advertised.  I don't understand the reference to "network code" and "moving toward spamd support".  Isn't spamd support there already?

If all the installer is doing is dropping a perl module in place then it's just offering an option to those that perhaps can't run clamd for some reason, right?  Or am I missing something...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.