v220.127.116.11 Beta for Linux RPM Available
jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Mon Feb 16 21:24:12 GMT 2015
Thanks for the feedback.
- DFOPTION - fixed that.
- Mail::ClamAV is not a MailScanner dependency, but the script attempts to install it if you elect to install Clam AV. There is no RPM package for it.
- I will add the bzip2-devel to the base packages.
- I can look at what I can do with the default Y option. It is not as easy or straight forward as it seems.
- I will check check the phishing.bad.sites.conf issue, but it did install during the tests I did.
- You are missing /var/spool/mqueue because either you did not install an MTA or you did not configure MailScanner.conf to use your MTA. The script does not install an MTA for you or setup MailScanner.conf. If you installed sendmail, you wouldn’t get the errors because the defaults in MailScanner.conf are for sendmail.
- The unrar package is not a dependency.
- the mailscanner.cf is a soft link created in the /etc/mail/spamassassin directory to the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file in /etc/MailScanner. If you did not elect to install spamassassin the link won’t be created.
Thanks for testing it out.
> On Feb 16, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Christophe GRENIER <grenier at cgsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, Jerry Benton wrote:
>> After an absurd amount of face-palming over two weeks:
>> Note: This is beta! If you install on on a production box, that’s on you.
> I have tested the install script on CentOS 6.
> Here are my results:
> - DFOPTION variable is undefined on non CentOS 7
> ./install.sh: line 409: [: ==: unary operator expected
> - For RHEL 6 the dependencies are NOT fulfilled 100% by yum even if you elect to use EPEL:
> File::ShareDir::Install is missing. Installing via CPAN ...
> Mail::ClamAV is missing. Installing via CPAN ...
> - bzip2-devel need to be installed otherwise Mail::ClamAV failed to be compiled:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Mail/ClamAV/ClamAV.so] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory
> - IMOO answers should default to recommanded values (Y instead of N).
> - After rerunning the install script,
> /etc/MailScanner/phishing.bad.sites.conf is missing (renamed as .old):
> MailScanner --lint
> Could not read file /etc/MailScanner/phishing.bad.sites.conf at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 2864
> Error in line 990, file "/etc/MailScanner/phishing.bad.sites.conf" for phishingblacklist does not exist (or can not be read) at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 3066
> - Some configurations is needed (I am using postfix), you may want to
> add it in QuickInstall.txt:
> Could not read directory /var/spool/mqueue at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 2874
> Error in configuration file line 169, directory /var/spool/mqueue for outqueuedir does not exist (or is not readable) at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 3238
> Read 868 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> - Unrar is not installed, it should be in /usr/bin/unrar.
> This is required for RAR archives to be read to check
> filenames and filetypes. Virus scanning is not affected.
> Two possibilities: switch to internal unrar or install it...
> - config: failed to parse line, skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf": use_auto_whitelist 0
> I haven't test this version of MailScanner for the moment, only the install script.
> Thanks for your work
> ,-~~-.___. ._.
> / | ' \ | |--------. Christophe GRENIER
> ( ) 0 | | | grenier at cgsecurity.org
> \_/-, ,----' | | |
> ==== !_!-v---v--.
> / \-'~; .--------. TestDisk & PhotoRec
> / __/~| ._-""|| | Data Recovery
> =( _____|_|____||________| http://www.cgsecurity.org--
> MailScanner mailing list
> mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
> Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
> Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner