Has anyone tried MailScanner on CentOS 7?

Paul A Sand pas at unh.edu
Mon Feb 9 08:53:46 GMT 2015

* Mailborder at Gmail <mailborder at gmail.com> [2015-02-09 02:55]:
> I am working on the RPM install scripts now and just finished working out
> the Perl requirements today. This is pretty much a total rewrite of the
> install scripts as I am having it leverage each distro's package management
> system rather than installing from source. It makes the management for
> everyone involved easier and ensures that the latest stable items are
> installed. I am doing tests for and gearing this towards CentOS and RHEL on
> 5,6,7. (And variants like Scientific.)

As a long-time user of MailScanner on Red Hat, I think this is
the right way to go. Thanks very much for your efforts.

> My research and tests on RHEL 7 show that so far only Filesys::Df and
> Sys::Hostname::Long are missing if you elect to use EPEL. All Perl modules
> are available on RHEL 5 and 6 when using EPEL.

I've taken the liberty of mailing the "main contacts" for these two
packages, asking about getting them into EPEL 7. (I have no idea
if that's the appropriate way to make such a request or not, but if
not, at least they'll be irked with me, not you.)

--
-- Paul A Sand <pas at unh.edu>
-- Information Technology / University of New Hampshire