Has anyone tried MailScanner on CentOS 7?

Mailborder at Gmail mailborder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 07:47:14 GMT 2015

I am working on the RPM install scripts now and just finished working out
the Perl requirements today. This is pretty much a total rewrite of the
install scripts as I am having it leverage each distro's package management
system rather than installing from source. It makes the management for
everyone involved easier and ensures that the latest stable items are
installed. I am doing tests for and gearing this towards CentOS and RHEL on
5,6,7. (And variants like Scientific.)

Here is how the install it is going to work:

- Install uses as many RPM packages (for Perl modules) as possible from the
distro base
- You are given an option to install EPEL to cover more Perl modules via RPM
- You are given the option to have anything missing installed via CPAN
- After the available RPMs are installed it tests to see what is missing
- If you elect to use CPAN whatever is missing will be installed from CPAN
- You are given the option to have the install script install spamassassin
(distro)
- You are given the option to have the install script install Clam AV
(distro) if you elect to use EPEL

My research and tests on RHEL 7 show that so far only Filesys::Df and
Sys::Hostname::Long are missing if you elect to use EPEL. All Perl modules
are available on RHEL 5 and 6 when using EPEL.

I expect to have a beta out this week for the RPM package. (I will provide
a link.) If someone could help test that would be helpful.

Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com