Pyzor integration

Steve Weigold steve at weigoldenterprises.com
Wed Dec 9 02:02:41 UTC 2015

Some follow on information.... I expected all of the details to be in
mail.log and didn't think to check syslog. :-(  More details there:

Dec  8 11:40:35 gw1 mailscanner[4195]: Dec  8 11:40:35.083 [4334] dbg:
pyzor: got response: Traceback (most recent call last):\n File
"/usr/bin/pyzor", line 8, in <module>\n pyzor.client.run()\n File
"/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyzor/client.py", line 1022, in run\n
ExecCall().run()\n File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyzor/client.py",
line 180, in run\n os.mkdir(homedir)\nOSError: [Errno 13] Permission
denied: '/var/spool/postfix/.pyzor'
Dec  8 11:40:35 gw1 mailscanner[4195]: pyzor: check failed: internal
error, python traceback seen in response

Obviously I have a permissions issue.  Now I need to understand why it's
trying to use /var/spool/postfix for .pyzor instead of
/var/spool/MailScanner.

I also clicked around more and found the archive search mechanism.

Words of wisdom appreciated.

Steve

On 12/8/2015 8:44 PM, Steve Weigold wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before, but while I found the list
> archive, I couldn't find a means to search it and considering it goes
> back many years, scanning by hand seemed a bit overwhelming. If
> there's a search capability for it that I've missed, please let me know.
>
> Anyway, I have a new server I've setup to be a spam filter gateway.
> It's a clean install of Debian Jessie with MailScanner and Postfix
> with what I believe to be the latest versions. Generally, the system
> is working, but I'm still getting much more spam than I should be.
> Reviewing the logs, I can see that I'm getting relatively low spam
> scores even on what I'd consider obvious spam emails.
>
> This lead me down the path of what else could be done with
> spamassassin, which got me to Pyzor, Razor and DCC.  At the moment,
> DCC isn't installed.   I guess it was removed from the repository
> because it's non-free?  Pyzor and Razor are installed, and somehow, I
> think I have Razor working, at least based on the fact that I see log
> entries like this one:
>
> Dec  8 20:33:02 gw1 MailScanner[16071]: Message 0005D140024.A1747 from
> 198.173.85.230
> (amazon-promotional-credit at urfhe.selectweddingbands.com) to acnoc.net
> is not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached, score=5.497, required 6,
> RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 0.36, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 2.43,
> RAZOR2_CHECK 1.73, SPF_SOFTFAIL 0.97, URIBL_BLOCKED 0.00)
>
> I'm not sure Pyzor is working though, and when I run MailScanner
> --lint, I get this:
>
> pyzor: check failed: internal error, python traceback seen in response
>
> I've googled ad nauseum and I'm getting nowhere.
>
> In spam.assassin.prefs.conf, I have:
> pyzor_options --homedir /var/spool/MailScanner/
>
> and permissions on that folder seem OK
> drwxr-xr-x  6 postfix     postfix     4096 Dec  8 19:52 MailScanner
>
> Inside it, Pyzor's servers file:
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 postfix postfix   23 Dec  8 19:52 servers
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks!
> Steve

Steve Weigold