Pyzor integration

Steve Weigold steve at weigoldenterprises.com
Wed Dec 9 01:44:22 UTC 2015

Greetings

Apologies if this has been asked before, but while I found the list
archive, I couldn't find a means to search it and considering it goes
back many years, scanning by hand seemed a bit overwhelming. If there's
a search capability for it that I've missed, please let me know.

Anyway, I have a new server I've setup to be a spam filter gateway. It's
a clean install of Debian Jessie with MailScanner and Postfix with what
I believe to be the latest versions.  Generally, the system is working,
but I'm still getting much more spam than I should be.  Reviewing the
logs, I can see that I'm getting relatively low spam scores even on what
I'd consider obvious spam emails.

This lead me down the path of what else could be done with spamassassin,
which got me to Pyzor, Razor and DCC.  At the moment, DCC isn't
installed.   I guess it was removed from the repository because it's
non-free?  Pyzor and Razor are installed, and somehow, I think I have
Razor working, at least based on the fact that I see log entries like
this one:

Dec  8 20:33:02 gw1 MailScanner[16071]: Message 0005D140024.A1747 from
198.173.85.230 (amazon-promotional-credit at urfhe.selectweddingbands.com)
to acnoc.net is not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached, score=5.497,
required 6, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 0.36, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 2.43,
RAZOR2_CHECK 1.73, SPF_SOFTFAIL 0.97, URIBL_BLOCKED 0.00)

I'm not sure Pyzor is working though, and when I run MailScanner --lint,
I get this:

pyzor: check failed: internal error, python traceback seen in response

I've googled ad nauseum and I'm getting nowhere.

In spam.assassin.prefs.conf, I have:
pyzor_options --homedir /var/spool/MailScanner/

and permissions on that folder seem OK
drwxr-xr-x  6 postfix     postfix     4096 Dec  8 19:52 MailScanner

Inside it, Pyzor's servers file:
-rwxrwxr-x 1 postfix postfix   23 Dec  8 19:52 servers

Help?

Thanks!
Steve