Clamd error messages since last week

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:35:15 IST 2014

Hi paul,

No, I can't say I do... As with any probem of an intermittent kind,
you need look at log entries in your syslog/messages file(s), or
specifically increase logging for your clamd setup and look at that.
The behaviour you describe might actually point at almost
anything;-)... For example: Imagine you have a broken memory chip.
When you reboot, you drastically decrease the probability for that
memory to be used... Over time, more and more memory are likely
"locked" to specific usages, and thus increasing the likelihood of it
being used by a "high consumer" like clamd... You get where I'm going
with that. Not saying this is what you have, just saying it could
happen:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn

On 21 September 2014 23:40, Paul Welsh <paul at welshfamily.com> wrote:
> Following on from my issues with clamd, I rebooted the server and the errors
> stopped for several weeks, then came back again.  I rebooted again today.
>
> I restart the daemon each time it fails but once it starts failing, restarts
> don't have any long lasting effect.  When I say long lasting, the errors
> start again within the hour.
>
> Anyone else getting this?  I'm running version 0.98.4.
>
> On 30 August 2014 12:00, <mailscanner-request at lists.mailscanner.info> wrote:

-- Glenn