Moving Servers

Edward Dam damfam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:28:49 IST 2014

Hi All,

I spent the day setting up a new MailScanner server as the old one's days
were numbered from a hardware perspective.

I've got the new server up and running, and MailScanner installed and
working.

What I *can't* get working, is the custom rules I have, specifically a file
called deliver.rules that contains a bunch of forwards.

First off, new server info.

CentOS 6.5
MailScanner Version = 4.84.6
PHP Version = 5.3.3

MailScanner.conf applicable lines:

%rules-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/rules

Non Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/deliver.rules

So in /etc/MailScanner/rules I have my deliver.rules file, copied from the
old working system.

For some reason, MailScanner completely ignores the file. I've been banging
my head against the desk for a couple hours now - and this is the last
"issue" left before pushing this into production.

Any thoughts?