delaying mails

ja at conviator.com ja at conviator.com
Mon Oct 6 12:15:53 IST 2014

hi

its not a spam issue so maybe a bit off topic but Im just thinking if
maybe this is something mailscanner could do anyway or if anyone would
maybe thing ahh you can do this...

we are scanning incomming mail for a domain XXXX - not all users, but
some/most we want to control WHEN they get the emails. During most of
the working hours we want some of the users to have "a break" (yes they
could just close the mail program :) ). Could we in anyway force this by
accepting the mails to the mailserver/mailscanner but delay the relay
until after ie. 18.00 hours. During off hours all mails are delivered
straight away. Our mailserver does not support anything like this. Also
since its not ALL of the users/domains we cannot just shutdown the
firewall AND we dont want the sender of the email to get a "delayed"
report.

ideas? know of a proxy smtp or something other or something smart in
MailScanner ?

best regards
Jan