scan.messages.rules exceptions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 2 18:54:58 IST 2014

On 05/02/2014 09:53 AM, Stef Morrell wrote:

> I thought rulesets were parsed top to bottom and stopped at first match, but that's not the behaviour I'm seeing. What I need to be able to do is make exceptions (ideally using From: And To: syntax) for individual email addresses.

Some are and some arren't. What you are describing is a "first match"
ruleset. Scan Messages is an "all match" ruleset
<http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#Scan%20Messages>.

For an all match rule set it's somewhat tricky, but basically, any "Yes"
rule other than default takes priority over the "No" rules.