scan.messages.rules exceptions

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri May 2 17:53:00 IST 2014

I have a ruleset for what should and should not be scanned.

Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

So far, so good.
If the ruleset simply reads:

# Default no, do not scan.
FromOrTo:       default         no

Then when I mail myself from an alternate address, it's not scanned - expected behaviour.
Again, when the file reads:

# Scan my email
To:     *@aoc-uk.com    yes

# Default no, do not scan.
FromOrTo:       default         no

Then my email is scanned, again expected behaviour.
When I try to create an exception with the following:

# Don't scan Stef's email