Spamassassin rules not firing correctly

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri May 2 11:13:33 IST 2014

Hello Kai,

On 02 May 2014 10:16 Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> This is a common misunderstanding. SA via MS may not use the same config

Yes, I take on board the technical suggestions. I've basically been through all those checks. :)

I am now starting to believe there is actually nothing wrong and that given I'm seeing apparent fails on blacklist rules is because the domains aren't blacklisted at the time the spam is generated.

moms-flowersbouquet-nice.me - registered end of 30/04/2014, spam arrived early 01/05/2014
russianbrides-dating-great.me - registered 11 hours ago, spam arrived 3 hours ago.

So the problem is likely not MS, it's how to detect and deal with spam from brand new domains/ip.