Rerolling MailScanner-install-4.84.6-1.tar.gz tarball

Brad Smith brad at comstyle.com
Sat Mar 29 02:12:35 GMT 2014

On 28/03/14 8:53 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 03/28/2014 05:12 PM, Brad Smith wrote:
>> On 28/03/14 7:57 PM, Jerry Benton wrote:
>>> Only Jules has the capability at the moment. What do you think has changed?
>>
>> I don't think something has changed. I can see that changes have been
>> snuck in with the bad / safe phishing site config files.
>

> Those files are dynamic and are updated on your server by
> /usr/sbin/update_phishing_sites and /usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_sites
> which are normally run daily and hourly respectively by
> /etc/cron.daily/update_phishing_sites and
> /etc/cron.hourly/update_bad_phishing_sites.
>
> If you are saying those files in the tarball are not the same as those
> on your server, it's probably because the ones on your server have been
> updated.
>
> If you are saying those files in the tarball are not the same as those
> in an earlier tarball, the tarball was probably repackaged at some point
> and the latest versions picked up.

Yes, I am saying the the files in the tarball are not the same as those
in an earlier tarball. The rerolling of the tarball happened within the
last month or so. This is a big no no and must not be done. If you need
to change *anything* you issue a new release and the MailScanner
versioning even has a means of indicating minor releases for such
changes.

believed to be clean.