Rerolling MailScanner-install-4.84.6-1.tar.gz tarball

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 29 00:53:22 GMT 2014

On 03/28/2014 05:12 PM, Brad Smith wrote:
> On 28/03/14 7:57 PM, Jerry Benton wrote:
>> Only Jules has the capability at the moment. What do you think has changed?
>
> I don't think something has changed. I can see that changes have been
> snuck in with the bad / safe phishing site config files.

Those files are dynamic and are updated on your server by
/usr/sbin/update_phishing_sites and /usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_sites
which are normally run daily and hourly respectively by
/etc/cron.daily/update_phishing_sites and
/etc/cron.hourly/update_bad_phishing_sites.

If you are saying those files in the tarball are not the same as those
on your server, it's probably because the ones on your server have been
updated.

If you are saying those files in the tarball are not the same as those
in an earlier tarball, the tarball was probably repackaged at some point
and the latest versions picked up.