Sophos SAVDI interface

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri Mar 7 10:10:24 GMT 2014

Hi Eric,

On 07 March 2014 01:24 Eric Yiu wrote:
> No need.  You can update your savupd.sh to change from
> linux.intel.libc6.glibc.2.2.tar.Z to linux.amd64.glibc.2.3.tar.Z,

Yes and I have been doing that as a stopgap.

> But this new of sophos v4 lib (both 32 or 64bit version) have a bug
> of non-stop when it is fork from child.  So you need to fine tune
> SweepViruses.pm that kill itself  and need to add "kill 15, $$" after
> calling "SophosSAVI($subdir, $disinfect);"

Two problems here:

1 - Perl-SAVI won't compile under 64-bit at all, so the only option is to use sweep, which is very inefficient.

2 - Sophos v4 on demand scanner is being retired by Sophos on 30th April (http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/119018.aspx - click the Linux tab) and will receive no further updates from that date.

I spoke to a very clueful guy at Sophos support yesterday. They advised me to switch up to v9, which is fine but obviously it's not ideal to call savscan each time, hence my interest in SAVDI.

Stef