Score on attachments

Max Kipness max at inmindlabs.com
Fri Jun 27 22:12:34 IST 2014

>You do not say what your MTA is but I have to assume postfix or
sendmail (I use exim) have some kind of mime type blocking as does exim
so it's easy to either reject or dev/null any email that has a .scr file
>attached (or any other type for that matter) and it never get's to
MailScanner or the user. I dump about 1/2 dozen different file types
that should never be sent (un
>archived) including .src, right at the MTA level
>
>Rick

Good point there. I use Sendmail.

For the SCR files there really is not a legimate reason to send them so
you would assume the whole email should be trashed.  I'm going to look
into this. But what if the SCR is zipped? That is the way I'm getting
them.

Max