Archive Mail Problem In MailScanner-4.84

Jim Flowers jflowers at ezo.net
Wed Jun 25 03:08:13 IST 2014

Further information:

If I set permissions on the archive.rules file to read only, I can stop
messages from being appended.  Unfortunately, the rules in the file still
don't work to forward copies to other accounts in accordance with the rules
included so I'm not really gaining.

This is a new install on FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE with MailScanner -4.84 and
perl v5.18.2 (threaded) running on an AM64 host.

If this problem is unknown to the community, how would I set about
debugging it?  I'm not at all familiar with the MailScanner code.