ClamAV stopped working with ClamAV Module ERROR:: Could not loaddatabases from /var/clamav

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Jun 18 15:46:04 IST 2014

Bear in mind this same error will occur during the creation of the initial
object and if anything changed in the exports part of the perl module all
manner of issues can occur. That is why Julian finally agreed to include the
clamd code after having asked so many times, anything changes in certain
internal parts of libclamav and the clamav module is broken until the
maintainer gets around to modifying the constants imports and functions

Switch to clamd and you will likely have no issue and use a lot fewer
resources