Problem Messages

Piper Andreas piper at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jul 29 06:35:10 IST 2014

Hello,

Am 28.07.2014 23:16, schrieb Kevin Miller:
> A week and a half ago a message came in that was quarantined for trying to kill off MailScanner.  Once an hour I began receiving the message below in postmaster's mailbox.  I deleted the message, but it's still sending these alerts.  The message doesn't exist in /var/spool/mqueue (or anywhere else for that matter).  What do I need to do to finish cleaning up this error message.  I was hoping after 6 days it would go away on it's own like normal undeliverable mail does, but no such luck.

> Archive:
>
> Number of messages: 1
> Tries	Message	Last Tried
> =====	=======	==========
> 6	s6GMUGOn025438	Wed Jul 16 14:55:00 2014

see http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/77808

The solution in short:

reproduce your problem message with
/usr/sbin/MailScanner --processing

stop MailScanner, remove the processing DB and restart MailScanner with
/etc/init.d/mailscanner stop && rm
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Processing.db && /etc/init.d/mailscanner
start

check success with
/usr/sbin/MailScanner --processing
which should give empty output now