White list issue

Chris Barber chris at techquility.net
Wed Jul 9 19:11:21 IST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:06 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: White list issue

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 at 16:13:28, Chris Barber wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have the latest MailScanner and Mailwatch combo running on CentOS.
> Has been working fine for a long time. We have a couple of users who
> are receiving spam and it shows as white listed in the Mailwatch interface.
> However, the email address nor the domain are on the white list at all.
>
> Has anyone seen this behavior? I am at a loss.

Is the sending server whitelisted (ie: the next-hop machine which is directly communicating with yours)?

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

 - Steven Wright

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Thanks, that was it. Found the secondary MX IP on the whitelist for the users domain.

Thanks agian